Freitag, 30. Januar 2015

January in Retrospect

January has been a rather good month. Although I have been ill for a few days, I did several things I really liked and had planned for a long time. First, I finally went to the Mauritius Mediathek in Wiesbaden. I am trying not to buy new stuff (including books) until March, so it's great to get reading material there. And it's just a ten-minute walk from my home, so there is no excuse not to go there.
Moreover, we have started a new Cthulhu-campaign, as I have already written. At the moment, we are only three participants, but I hope that we will be joined by a new player in summer.
Another great thing was planning our next LARP. It will take place in the 1930s and all the characters will be police officers. It's so much fun, I actually enjoy organizing LARPs much more than being a player.
My boyfriend and me spend some time playing Little Big Planet on the PlayStation and had a great time jumping -and falling- around.
Foodwise I stopped buying cake during the week and baked a cake on the weekend instead. I love cake and now I spend the whole week trying to decide which one I will make for the weekend. We also went to Harput, a great Turkish restaurant, twice and I had delicious meatballs at the Hafeneck in Mainz.
I went to a march against the Pegida-group (I won't call them a "movement"...) which helped a bit against my frustration about these people.
I did not craft much since I spent too much time playing FarCry 4, but I have the feeling that my binge-playing phase is in decline, as you can see by me writing a post here instead of sitting in front of the TV liberating the people of Kyrat.
I went to a nearby cafe a lot (though I didn't eat cake, only buns, which don't count) because I can read there much more concentrated than at home. I had to read Medea.Stimmen by Christa Wolf for school and it's one of the most fascinating books I have read in a long time. I glad it's on the reading list for the Abitur, otherwise I guess I wouldn't have picked it up.
All in all, this was a good start, let's hope the rest of 2015 will continue like this!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen