Montag, 25. März 2013

Pictures Behind Glass

A few months ago I bought a nice amulet with a tree on it. Now I have finally learned how to make my own amulets and have thus acchieved independence from the amulet-making industry....
The most difficult thing was to find out what these glass nuggets are called ("cabochon") in order to find a shop that sells them.
These two are a first experiment because I heard that some kinds of colours or inks don't work well with the glue and can get discoloured after some time. Because of that I will wait for some days before I make more of them in order to see whether there are any changes in colour.
The butterfly is a piece of scrapbook paper, the little devil - which is not as pale in reality but my camera cannot catch its true colour - is an inkjet copy from an illustration in a fairytale book. I sealed the printout from both sides with bookbinder's glue before I glued it on the cabochon, maybe this will prevent discoloration.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen