Mittwoch, 20. März 2013

I am guilty

Yes, I am guilty of being annoyed by "lifestyle" blogs while at the same time using them as a model for my own home decorations. I am annoyed by these seemingly "individual"/ "simple" / "laid-back" / "relaxed" /(you get what I mean so fill in your own adjective) flats and houses by hip young people in vintage clothing which (both the people and the houses) look like they live in a parallel universe full of  endless Saturday mornings, organic cupcakes, visits to the thrift store and so on. Don't get me wrong, I am sure these people are all immensely likeable and I admire the work and effort they put in their homes and I also know that nobody forces me to look at these blogs, but still...
That's why I really love this tumblr because it helps me to get rid of my annoyance but at the same time it shows me that I am guilty, too. Yes, I have penguin covers as a home decoration, an animal head hook and - if I finally finish cleaning it - antlers to put my jewelery on. And yes, sometimes I feel like a really individual and interesting person because I have such a special taste... - and at the same time I know that I am just following a trend there. Hail to hypocrisy! (And I still don't understand why it should be a good idea to use old jam glasses for drinking from them when you can get some proper juice glasses, which are much more practical because they don't have a winding on top, for less than a Euro...)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen