Mittwoch, 27. Februar 2013

Things I love in February

This time I made it to post before the end of the month...

1) My cooking plan
I have not ordered any pizza or other fast food for almost five weeks now, thanks to my great cooking plan. Every Sunday, I take a few minutes to write down what I will eat every evening for the next week and what I will take with me for lunch on Monday and Friday when I have to be at school in the afternoon. Then I write two shopping lists with all the ingredients I need during the week. On Monday and Thursday I go grocery shopping after school and get all the stuff from the list. This system has worked perfectly so far. Usually I eat fast food not because I am too lazy to cook but because I have forgotten to buy any ingedients. And now I always have what I need to cook dinner and therefore there is no need to order food anymore.
2) Listening to The Tortilla Curtain by T.C. Boyle
I like T.C. Boyle's novels and short stories a lot and I am still not sure whether I think it is good that one of his novels is now one of the books that have to be read in English courses at school. Still, as a preparation for next year I listen to the audiobook and it is really entertaining and thought-provoking.

3) Our new gigantic wardrobe
It is not completely finished since they delivered not all the parts we need, therefore I won't post any pictures this week, but the wardrobe is gigantic! I will be able to store all my fabrics, crafting material, LARP equipment, the vacuum cleaner and a lot more in it and thus the rest of the flat will be much tidier.

4) Finally reading Dangerous Liaisons by Choderlos de Laclos
This is one of the books I have wanted to read for ages and finally I managed to start.

5) The perfume "L" by Lolita Lempicka
My mother gave me a sample of this perfume and it is the most delightful fragrance. It smells like custard!

6) Pancakes
The ideal food in this awful, bleak weather.

7) My alarm clock
I have this clock since my second semester. I bought it after I had missed a lecture for the second time because I had overslept and I picked the loudest clock available. That means this brave little chicken has woken me for 10 years now and therefore it deserves to be mentioned here.

8) The fact that spring comes closer every day...



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen