Freitag, 1. Februar 2013

Things I loved in January

A bit late, but here it is:

1) Listening to BBC Radio 4 and 4 extra
I have always listened to the radio a lot. As a child and teenager I did not have my own TV in my room because my parents were against it. Instead, I always had a radio and I always listened to it, especially to programs where there was a lot of talking, like Deutschlandfunk or Deutschlandradio Kultur. I still do that, for example while washing the dishes or cooking. Thanks to the internet, I now listen to British radio when I am in my study. Radio 4 is great because they have many many many interesting magazines (one of my favourites is The Infinite Monkey Cage, a program with comedy and science) as well as radio plays. (There are even Doctor Who and Torchwood episodes...) You can also listen to The Archers, the most English of all radio soaps.

2) My new sock wool from Dornröschenwolle


3) "Wiener Melange"-Coffee by Hepa Kaffee
I love coffee and this is my favourite brand by a local roaster in Wiesbaden.

4) My new amulett with the spooky tree


5) Finally having a sofa
 which is long enough to lie on it full length.

6) Reading Ben Aaronovitch's Whispers Under Ground
I got the first volume Rivers of London two times as a present, therefore most people seem to think that this it the book for me. I liked it well enough, but the plot moved a bit randomly and was - at least in my opinion - not very well constructed. The second volume Moon Over Soho was much better ( I got that one as a present as well...) and now I am reading the third volume ( which I bought myself) and it is great. I admit that it isn't "great literature" but it is fun and entertaining and that is what I need right now.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen