Samstag, 15. Dezember 2012

A New Beginning

This blog has been giving me a bad conscience for months now. I know I am not a writer, I have never managed to write a regular diary or maintaining a constant exchange with a pen pal. Thus I should not be surprised that I do not have the discipline to write on a regular basis here. Still, when thinking about possible reasons for my shameful neglect I discovered that I do not enjoy reading my own blog-posts. The main reason for this is my style of writing. I studied English and German at university and I always enjoyed writing in English much more than writing in German. Writing in English makes it easier for me to express my thoughts. I don`t know why, maybe it is because due to my limited knowledge of English vocabulary there are fewer possibilities to say what I want to say. Consequently I write down the first sentence that comes into my mind instead of pondering over countless ways to express something, deciding on the correct register and so on.
Anyway, from now on I will write my entries in English, hoping that there will be more entries. - Let's see whether this change of language helps me to be more disciplined...

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen