Dienstag, 8. Januar 2013

When life is too sweet to bear

I love websites where well- but originally -dressed people show their wonderful, creative, charming ideas for decorating or crafting or just display the things they love. (I occasionally do that myself here.)

However, sometimes I am not in the mood for all this pastell-colored vintage loveliness and feel like I am stuck in a giant sugary marshmallow... Then it's time to visit my favourite "sour" websites:

http://www.theanticraft.com/
As they claim on their facebook-page, the Anticraft is "fucking up craft since 2005". And they do it amazingly well. Unfortunately, their homepage is in a bit of a hiatus, but still their archive contains more great projects than I could ever finish. If you want to knit a toxic tea-cosy, plan to make a tiara out of bacon or know somebody who would love to get a hat with tiny impaled figures on it this page is for you.

http://www.geekgirlsrule.net/
The GeekGirlWhatRules blogs about feminism in geek culture as well as about roleplaying games, movies and other stuff. Although I do not always agree with her (but hey, I do not even agree with myself quite often), I admire her clear style and enthusiasm about RPGs and maintaining a "geeky" lifestyle as an adult.

http://badassdigest.com/
My main source for information about movies and popculture topics. Especially the long and rather academic essays by Filmcrithulk are worth reading.

Yeah, so now you have the opportunity to make a bleak day even more uncheerful!


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen