Mittwoch, 16. Januar 2013

Weird Wiesbaden

Last week I went for a long walk through Wiesbaden. In the Rhein-Main-Area, Wiesbaden ist often considered uncool, snobbish and full of old, rich people. And all these cliches are true. 
On the other hand, there are many wonderful, strange or weird places in this town, hidden somewhere between the arrogant, sunglassed widows who shop at the Wilhelmstraße and the absent youth culture. I plan to post a series of short entries in which I show the things in Wiesbaden which I love. Not to defend this town - if it needed defending, Wiesbaden would have the most expensive lawyer possible - but to stay aware of why I enjoy living here and to remind myself of Wiesbaden's redeeming features.

Ok, let's start. On my walk, I first noticed that the knitters of Wiesbaden are much more productive than I am. (After all, I managed to knit about two inches of sock in the last three weeks...)

After that I found the coolest company sign ever.
I knew that there was a company that produced artificial eyes in Wiesbaden, but I had never seen their sign. It reminds me so much of E.T.A. Hofmann's "The Sandman"....


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen