Donnerstag, 17. Oktober 2013

Spectular/Unspectacular Pillowcase

A few weeks ago I wrote that I was busy with a project that was much more work that I had expected.
I fact, it was an attempt to use up all the little scraps of the different Zauberball yarns I had lying around. I got the brilliant idea to make little squares from them, each about 10x10 cm and to sew them together to create a patchwork-like effect.
What I forgot was that this means that I had to knit at least 25 squares for the front of an ordinary cushion alone and so I decided to make only one side of the pillowcase from yarn and to use some corduroy for the back. Otherwise I would have had to buy some extra yarn and moreover I discovered that I really hate to sew knitted fabric together.
Anyway, I like the result a lot and I think the colours look gorgeous on my sofa.


Some of the squares lost there shape during sewing because I had some problems with the right tension, but I think the pillow actually looks better that way. Otherwise it would have been too geometrical.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen